I chose to use this image because it shows how I have developed taking shapes from research images and transferring them into possible shapes for garments. Also I have stitched into the shapes drawn on the bodies which I think gives a pretty nice effect.
This is the illustration I used for my interdisciplinary module. I really like this drawing especially the quality of line and the stitching into the garment, inspiration for the stitching was taken from my previous slide.
This is a research sheet from my first module. I chose to use this sheet because it shows a wide variety of skills on one sheet. It includes fabric samples work on the stand and manipulated images which I think work really well together
This is my final line up. I chose to use this image because it is the first time that I had used CAD to create a design. I found it very effective and quite simple to create. It was also my first time designing a collection, I think that it had worked out really well, you can see that all the outfits belong in a collection.
I chose to include this image because I feel that it shows that I can take images from my research and use and manipulate them to create possible garment ideas. All my research for this was based around the word skeletal.
I chose to use this image because like the previous image it shows how I can take and image from my research and relate it to fashion. In this case it was the image of a dead bat that I’d related to a fabric sample then to some work on the stand using paper.
Dark fiction trend board. I have included this image because out of the whole creative design practices module this was my strongest point. I like the images I have chosen and how I have arranged them also the colours I have used. I feel that aesthetically this trend board works really well.
On the Move trend board. Similarly to the last image, I have chosen this image as I feel it demonstrates my skill to take a trend and using the internet and my own images create a trend board summing it up visually. I feel that this does this quite well and you can instantly get an idea of what sort of garments and colours are used for this particular trend.
I chose this sheet as it shows how my ideas generating skills have developed. Instead of using a drawn figure and simply drawing the garment idea over it I have used the material that I used to create my garment (film negative) to create possible shapes. I feel that this was a quite creative approach to generating ideas and worked really well.
I chose this image for a similar reason to my last one, except this time I used blown up images of my research which I then added the film negative to and drew on top of. I feel that this was very effective and you really got a feel for my concept from this.
I chose this image as it showed the development of my ideas from the last stage. I have attempted to add colour to the negatives which hadn’t really worked. I also like how I have drawn over some of the images on the photocopy to give the sheet more context. I really like the effect that’s created from drawing over a photograph image.
This image was chosen as it displays some of the CAD skills that I have learnt this year. I especially like that the outline of the image and the block colour fill are separate. I like the effect that this gives.
This was my favourite image that I produced in the drawing sessions we had at the beginning of the year. I then filled in some of the garments with fabric fills on Photoshop. I chose to include this image as I feel that it demonstrates some of the better CAD skills I have learnt this year. I also really like the composition of this image and feel that the placement of the objects works really well together.
Another demonstration of my CAD skills. I chose to use this one as it was a lot different to any of the other illustrations that I produced in that module. It combined my hand rendered illustration with photography. This I feel was very successful.
The final image for the FAC brief. I chose to include this as I feel it was the most successful photograph I have taken this year. It puts across my concept extremely well. I especially like the combination of the quite busy photo covered wall in the background with the quite simple shapes and colours included in the model.
This is my illustation that i decided to use for my final illiustraton. I actually really like it, it started off with just a few splats of ink to get the basic shape of the figure then i just drew the figure in pen. I then went over dome of the areas that need to be darker with some water so the ink ran, I finished off with stitching into the garment on the illustration which you can't really see much in this scan although i think its quite effective
The main body to my garment was probably the most successful part of it. The balls especially the latex ones looked good on their own but when it came to attaching them to the main body it proved quite difficult. Also the largest ball dragged the garment down which i didn't really plan for so i had to attach a thin latex strap to keep it upright. All in all i think that the production of this garment could have been greatly improved given more time.. I feel that hand sewing the latex took alot longer than I had first thought and i didn't plan on having to put boning into the larger balls to keep their shape.